Thursday, October 27, 2016

Using Real-World Experiences in the Classroom

Recently, during a search on a technology topic, one of my students found a YouTube video of a robotic walking dog. He called me over to view and seeing how it attracted his attention, I decided to investigate how I could bring this experience into the classroom and integrate it with my curriculum. I contacted the company and they agreed to send a presenter to do a demo and talk to my students. As a class, we prepared questions ahead of time and the students participated in the discussion, fully engaged. It turned out to be a wonderful opportunity to bring a real-world topic into my classroom that had "global" ramifications and aligned to the new MA State Standards! Special thanks to Boston Dynamics and Blake Brasher for sharing your innovations and time with us!


No comments: